Award Winning Chili Recipe
This Award Winning Chili Recipe won me 1st place at a fund raising Chili Cook Off the last 2 years (2011 and 2012). I beat out 11 other Chili’s with this recipe last year and 8 other chili’s this year. This is a hot chili recipe, so if you aren’t a big fan of Spicy Chili, I recommend cutting the spices back some and making adjustments from there.
- 1 lb of Pork Sausage
- 1 lb of Ground Beef
- 2 cans of Chili Beans
- 1 can of Kidney Beans
- 1 15 ounce jar of salsa (medium or hot)
- 1 12 ounce jar of Chili Sauce
- 1 can of Rotel
- 1 medium Onion - Diced small
- 1 green pepper - Diced small
- 1 Tbl spoon minced garlic
- 2 Tbl spoons of olive oil
- 3 Tbl spoons of Chili Powder
- 2 Tbl of Cumin
- 1 Tbl of Seasoning Salt
- 1 Tbl of Black Pepper
- 1 Tbl Tabasco Sauce
- 1 package of Taco Seasoning
- ⅛ cup chopped Jalapenos (optional)
- Saute diced onions and green pepper in Olive oil and minced garlic until soft. Add these to crock pot.
- Brown pork and then hamburger (separately). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add this meat to the crock pot.
- Add absolutely everything else to the crock pot. Adjust seasonings to taste. Chopped Jalapenos can be added for more heat (careful, this is spicy as is)
- Cook in a crock pot for a minimum of 2 hours on high.
- Serve with shredded cheese, chopped raw onion, sour cream, crackers, maple syrup, etc.
Award Winning Chili Ingredients
Award Winning Chili